APPLICATION OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY-BASED METHODS TO THE DIAGNOSIS
OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of
Regensburg, Franz-Josef-Strauß-Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg,
Received 06/18/96; Accepted 07/19/96; On-line 08/01/96
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Abstract
- 2. Serodiagnosis of viral pathogens is improved by the availability
of recombinant antigens.
- 3. PCR, the all-purpose tool in nucleic acid-based diagnostics.
- 4. The reliable and rapid diagnosis of tuberculosis is founded
on a productive combination of traditional and modern methodologies.
- 5. Bacterial infection chains can be clarified with the help
of DNA fingerprinting techniques.
- 6. The rapid and culture-independent assessment of antibiotic
resistance is still a challenge which might be accessible on genomic
- 7. Future Prospects
- 8. References
- 9. Entire manuscript
Key words: HIV, serodiagnosis, PCR, nucleic acid-based
diagnostics, mycobacteria, tuberculosis, fingerprinting, antibiotic