IgE-MEDIATED DESENSITIZATION IN HUMAN BASOPHILS AND MAST CELLS
Donald MacGlashan, Jr., Sandra Lavens-Phillips, and Katsushi Miura
Johns Hopkins University, Asthma and Allergy Center, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224
Received 5/28/98 Accepted 6/8/98
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Key words: Allergy, Immediate Hypersensitivity, Signal Transduction, Mediators, Down-Regulation
- 1. Abstract
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Is Secretion Self-Limiting?
- 4. Relationship between desensitization and release
- 5. Specificity of Desensitization
- 6. Underlying Mechanisms of Desensitization
- 6.1. Extracellular Negative Feedback?
6.2. Receptor loss from the cell surface?
6.3. Negative Regulation by Protein Kinase C?
6.4. Down-regulation during active secretion
6.5. Alternative Mechanisms
- 7. Summary
- 8. References
- 9. Entire manuscript